General Information About our Wedding Cakes
We welcome inquiries about our wedding cakes throughout the year. Personal consultations with our head pastry chef and complimentary cake tastings are available early April through the end of October.
Please call Janice at 508-627-7637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and to set up a date and time for your consultation.
The cost of a wedding cake depends primarily on the number of guests to be served, the design on the outside of the cake, and whether regular frosting or rolled fondant will be used to cover the cake.
- Do you want a round or square cake?
- What flavor cake (yellow, chocolate, lemon, carrot, etc.) do you want? Each layer can be a different flavor/different filling if you wish.
- Is the wedding a formal affair or more casual?
- Do you have a picture or photograph of a cake design you like? If so, bring it to the consultation or email it to us.
- With large weddings and/or to reduce costs, you may wish to supplement the wedding cake with a sheet cake.
- Location of the reception (no charge for delivery to Vineyard Haven, Oak Bluffs, or Edgartown)
Prices begin at $6 per person. Our pastry chef sets the price based on the size and design of the cake. We ask for a 50% deposit at the time of reservation (this secures the date for the creation of your wedding cake and delivery of the cake to your reception at the designated time). The balance is due 2 weeks before the wedding cake delivery date.
We also offer “wedding cupcakes”. Cupcakes can be made in a variety of flavors and infused with the filling of your choice. The cupcakes are displayed on a tiered stand often with a 7” or 9” round cake at the top of the display. Cupcakes begin at $4 each.
We would be very pleased to create the wedding cake of your dreams whether it’s Vineyard casual or simply elegant. Freshness and excellent taste are always included.